- 18 pitted medjool dates (about 1 1/2 cups packed)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1 3/4 cups oat flour
- 1 1/2 tbsps baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla bean powder (or vanilla extract)
Chocolate Fudge Frosting
- 12 pitted medjool dates (about 1 cup packed)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup almond butter
- 2-3 tbsp cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- Optional: pinch of salt
Preheat the oven to 350F.
In a high speed blender, combine the water and medjool dates. Blend until smooth.
Add the rest of the cake ingredients. Blend very briefly until just combined. Do not over-blend or the cake will come out gummy.
Pour the batter into an 8-inch square or round pan that is either greased or lined with parchment paper. Spread evenly.
Bake for 30-35 minutes at 350F.
Cool completely before frosting.
For the frosting, combine all the ingredients in a high speed blender. Blend until very smooth and creamy. Use as is, or refrigerate for a few hours to thicken.
Spread a generous layer of the chocolate fudge frosting on the cake. Top with sprinkles or fruit or whatever you like. Enjoy! via