2 Ingredient Chocolate Protein Mousse Recipe
- Total time: 1h 20m
- Yield: 4 portions
- Calories: 336 cal
- Print Recipe
- 150g Dark chocolate
- 1 can White beans/cannellini, 400ml / 14oz
- Melt most of the chocolate in a bowl over hot water, leave enough chocolate to grate for a topping.
- Pour the beans into a sieve with a bowl below to catch all the bean juice.
- Whisk the bean juice with an electronic whisk for a few minutes while the chocolate melts.
- Add the beans to the melted chocolate and blend together in a jug blender or food processor. You may have to scrape down the sides several times.
- Continue to whisk the bean juice (AKA aquafaba) until stiff peaks are formed, this takes about 8-10 mins in total with an electric whisk.
- Stiff peaks are when you can turn the bowl upside down and the mixture doesn’t move. With aquafaba you don’t need to worry about over-whisking.
- Fold the chocolate bean mixture into the aquafaba then pour into 4 dishes.
- Chill for an hour then sprinkle with grated chocolate.
- Keep in the fridge and enjoy within 3 days.