I want to try this. Original recipe, then vegan:
- 3 large eggs (or chickpea flour – in this case with 280ml milk instead 165ml)
- ¾ cup/165 grams whole milk
- ¾ cup/115 grams all-purpose flour
- ¾ teaspoon/5 grams kosher salt
- About 1/4 cup rendered beef or pork fat, olive oil or melted butter
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, flour and salt. Do not overmix. Allow the batter to rest 30 minutes at room temperature.
- Add a teaspoon of fat to each cup of a 12-cup muffin tin and transfer to the oven to heat, about 5 to 7 minutes. Once hot, divide batter equally to fill the cups about halfway, and return the muffin tin for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the puddings are golden brown and crisp. Serve immediately. via
- 225g self-raising flour
- ½ tsp baking poder
- 300ml unsweetened soya milk
- 100ml warm water
- 8 tsp vegetable oil
- Add all the ingredients except the oil to a food processor with a pinch of salt and blitz until smooth. Transfer the batter to a jug, cover with cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for 1 hr.
Heat oven to 220C/200C fan/gas 7. Spoon a tsp of oil into eight holes of a muffin tin and place in the oven for 5 mins to get really hot. Remove the tin from the oven and carefully pour the batter into the hot oil. Return to the oven and bake for 25-30 mins until risen and deep golden brown.