250g plain flour
100g ground almonds
4 teaspoons of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
5 tablespoons of flax meal
10 tablespoons of water
1 cup algave nectar
rind and juice of 3 oranges
icing sugar to dust
1. Grease a baking tin, roughly 20cm, and preheat the oven to 160 degrees.
2. Make the flax eggs by mixing the flax meal with the water and leave to set for about 10 minutes.
3. Blend the four, ground almonds, baking powder and salt until evenly combined.
4. Once the flax eggs have set whisk with the algave nectar, then add the orange zest and juice.
5. Fold the wet mixture in to the dry mixture until fully combined.
6. Pour the mixture in to the baking tin and bake for one hour or until golden and a toothpick comes out clean.