- 1 large egg 1 colher sopa farinha de grão de bico ou de goma de tapioca
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1/4 cup shredded Asiago cheese (2 colheres de goma de tapioca)
- 3 large eggs ( 3 colheres sopa de farinha de grão de bico com 3 colheres sopa de água)
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives
- 1/3 cup shredded Colby-Monterey Jack cheese (tofu)
- 1/3 cup fresh baby spinach, thinly sliced
- roasted peppers (optional)
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Grease eight muffin cups.
- 2. In a bowl, whisk egg, salt and pepper until blended; stir in potatoes and Asiago cheese. To form crusts, press about 1/4 cup potato mixture onto bottom and up sides of each prepared muffin cup. Bake 14-17 minutes or until light golden brown.
- 3. For filling, in a small bowl, whisk eggs and chives until blended; stir in cheese and spinach. Spoon into crusts; top with roasted peppers. Bake 6-8 minutes longer or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Yield: 4 servings. via
2 mini quiches: 180 calories, 11g fat (5g saturated fat), 205mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 12g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1/2 starch.