- 1 large or 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/4 inch discs
- 3 tbsp (45 g) ground sea salt
- 1 cup (126 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (122 g) breadcrumbs, use gluten-free if you wish
- ½ cup (91 g) vegan parmesan cheese (I use Go Veggie)
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 tsps (1 g) Italian seasoning
- 1 cup (240 ml) unsweetened almond milk
- Olive oil spray
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (204°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Wash, dry, and cut off the ends of the zucchini, then slice them into one quarter inch discs. Lay the discs on a sheet of paper towel and lightly sprinkle with salt. This will draw out the excess water and make your crisps crispier. Let the discs sit for about fifteen minutes. Don’t skip this part or the zucchini will be too watery and the breading won’t stick.
- In a medium bowl whisk the breadcrumbs, vegan parmesan, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, and salt and pepper to taste until combined. Put the flour in a small bowl and the almond milk in another small bowl.
- Take a paper towel and pat the excess water off of the zucchini discs. Don’t be afraid to press into the discs, and you’ll probably need an extra towel if your zucchini has a lot of water.
- One by one, dip the discs into the flour, then the almond milk to coat both sides. Now press both sides of the zucchini into the breadcrumbs. Repeat with the rest of the breaded zucchini and evenly spread them out on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 minutes and flip and bake for another 10 minutes, or until golden brown and crispy.
Photo and recipe via