- 3/4 cup refined organic coconut oil (solid, not liquid, if yours is liquid stick in fridge until a bit more firm)
- 1 cup packed organic brown sugar
- 1/2 cup organic granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup water blended in the blender with 2 tablespoons ground golden flax-seed until smooth and creamy.
- 2 1/4 cups organic all purpose unbleached flour measured with scoop and level measure method, the spooning in flour method makes these too doughy (for gluten-free cookies try Namaste GF all purpose flour and reduce flour to 2 cups. Do not scoop the flour, use the gentler spoon and level method for GF cookies, since the flour is generally more dense)
- 1 1/2 – 2 cups vegan chocolate chips (depending on your chocolate threshold)
- Optional: flaked sea salt, for cookies that are extra
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Cream coconut oil, sugars, baking soda, baking powder, vanilla and flax mixture until smooth and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add flour, combine until well mixed. Add chocolate chips. Stir until incorporated.
Transfer cookie dough to a 12 inch cast iron skillet, I use one made by Lodge. Press the dough with your hands to even and spread it out. Sprinkle with flaked sea salt if desired. Bake for 20-25 minutes depending on your desired level of gooey center (I did 22).