Se tiver milho no sabugo, apenas rale e misture os temperos. Não precisa de farinha ou água. (receita da mãe)
- 2 loaded cups frozen sweet corn thawed, or fresh corn off the cob
- 1 Jalapeno seeded and finely chopped, or use Serrano pepper (remove seeds for less heat)
- 1/4 cup chopped basil or use cilantro
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 tsp lime juice
- 1/3 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 cup white flour
- 3 tbsp or more cornmeal
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup or more water
In a bowl, add all the ingredients corn through baking powder including the baking powder. Toss well to distribute.
Add water and mix. Add enough water until the mixture is pasty but not a batter. There will be more corn than batter.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Spray or spread oil on the skillet. Drop large spoonfuls of the mixture on the hot skillet and spread to make a roundish shape. Cook until golden brown on both sides. 4 to 5 minutes per side.
Repeat for all fritters. Serve with chutneys, ketchup, guacamole or vegan ranch.