Nunca me canso de carne de jaca, adoro! A dica é quanto mais madura, mais sabor de jaca ela tem. As jacas verdes têm sabor mais neutro.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 cups jackfruit, either fresh or canned
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 2 cups vegetable stock
- ½ cup vegan barbecue sauce
- 6 vegan buns
- Vegan coleslaw
1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF/180ºC.
2. If using fresh jackfruit, line your work surface with plastic wrap.
3. Oil a large knife and cut the jackfruit in half, then into quarters.
4. Carefully remove the core of the jackfruit by cutting into it at an angle.
5. Pull each fruit out and remove its seeds and outer coating.
6. Rinse the fruit thoroughly.
7. Heat the oil over medium heat in a large pan or Dutch oven.
8. Add the onions and garlic, and cook until translucent.
9. Add the jackfruit, spices, Worcestershire, and liquid smoke. Stir to coat evenly.
10. Add the vegetable stock and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 45 minutes, until the liquid is mostly absorbed and the fruit has broken down.
11. Spread the jackfruit on a prepared baking sheet and bake at 350ºF/180ºC for 45 minutes, until the liquid has baked out and the jackfruit has a deeper brown color.
12. Pour the barbecue sauce over the jackfruit, mix, and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
13. Serve warm on vegan buns with vegan coleslaw.