Amo essa receita de pizza! Via Vegan Richa
- ½ a medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced or use roasted bell pepper
- 4 to 5 oz Spinach (baby spinach or chopped)
- a handful of chopped basil
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- ¼ tsp salt
- red pepper flakes to taste
- ¾ cup warm water
- 1.5 tsp active yeast
- ¼ tsp sugar
- 1.5 to 2 cups flour (I use unbleached white)
- ¼ cup semolina flour (or use fine cornmeal)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- Vegan Mozzarella shreds (homemade or vegan brands)
- about 14 oz Pizza sauce
- pepper flakes
- chopped basil
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook until translucent. Add red bell pepper and cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Add in spinach, basil, thyme, salt, red pepper flakes and salt and mix in. Cook until spinach is wilted
- Mix warm water, yeast and sugar and let sit for a few minutes. Add 1.5 cups flour, salt, semolina flour and oil and mix well with a spoon. You can also add some garlic powder or dried herbs at this point. Add a tbsp or so more flour if needed and mix in. Gather the dough and knead for a few seconds to make a soft dough. Let the dough sit in a warm place for 15 minutes. See this video for mixing and shaping the dough.
- Preheat the oven to 435 degrees F.
- Spray oil on he dough, then take it out and make a somewhat smooth ball. Using some flour spread the dough on 8 or 9 inch pan with tall sides making sure to spread some of the dough above the edge. Keep the bottom thick enough else it might not support the heavy toppings. *
- Layer with vegan mozzarella, pizza sauce, red bell pepper and spinach mixture, other veggies if using. olives, pizza sauce, vegan mozzarella, some fresh basil and red pepper flakes.
- Bake at 435 degrees F for 25 to 30 minutes. Sprinkle some more fresh basil on the pizza. Let the pizza rest for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
* At Step 3 of making the crust, you can bake the pizza crust for 5 minutes before layering the filling. This will help strengthen the bottom if using heavy filling or moisture leaking veggies/filling. .
Quick Pizza Sauce: Mix tomato puree, salt, pepper, olive oil, oregano, basil, garlic powder and onion powder. Thin with water if needed, mix and use.