*usar creme de soja ou leite de aveia na proporção 1 parte de aveia e 2 de água, bater bem e coar com um pano.
*use ingredientes gelados.
- 3 cups self-raising flour
- pinch of salt
- 1 cup cream
- 1 cup lemonade (Sprite or Schweppes or soda water, sugar and lime juice)
1. Preheat oven to 220˚C or 200˚ C fan-forced.
2. Line a tray with baking paper.
3. Sift flour and salt into a large bowl. Make a well in the centre. Pour in cream and lemonade.
4. Mix with a knife until mixture comes together. If it feels sticky add more flour. Turn dough onto a lightly-floured surface. Knead gently 4 – 5 times. Flatten the dough out with the palm of your hand until it is 3-4 cm thick.
5. Cut scones into rounds using a 5cm pastry cutter. Arrange scones side by side on a baking tray.
6. Bake for 10-12 mins until golden.
7. Remove from oven and immediately wrap them in a clean tea towel. Wrapping the scones keep them warm and give them a soft crust.